Higher Things is always an exhilarating week. This time I was accompanied by my dear wife for the first time. She thoroughly enjoyed it. I always come back ready to get to work again. It is good to be on the receiving end of the Ministry of the Word for a little bit. If you have high school kids in your church and you have never been to one of these conferences, I highly recommend taking them. One of the advantages of these Conferences is that they are fairly small in size (if you call 1200 registrants “small”). But this is compared to the National Youth Gathering, which has thousands of registrants. There are other advantages as well, which I won’t go into here. If you want to read my thoughts on that, you can find them here. Thank you to all the Conferences workers, execs, pastors, and teachers. A job well done! Time to get back to reality, back to the bedsides of the sick and dying, back to the daily duties of visiting shut-ins and writing sermons–hopefully with renewed vigor!
- "There is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness." --Kung Fu Panda
- Edgar Cohen on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations
- Daniel heisner on Sedes Doctrinae: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Fr. Patrick on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations
- Rev. Paul L. Beisel on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations
- Amy on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations