Talk about jumping the gun! The church decided to cancel Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services because of the threat of winter weather. And, had the weather reports been true to form, it really would have been bad. Ice on the roads, freezing rain, 8-12 inches of snow. That would have indeed made driving hazardous. As it happened, NONE of this came to pass. We had rain…but the temperature was above freezing. It was sloppy to be sure, but not undrivable. I am sorely and severely BUMMED that we had to post-pone our Christmas Cantata and cancel our Christmas Day service. We had sort of a family Christmas service. We sang some hymns, I read the lessons appointed for Christmas Eve, sang some more hymns, and I read my sermon for Christmas Day on John 1:14. But I am going to be much less of a wuss next year. If we are supposed to have winter weather, we are waiting until 3 or 4 p.m. to cancel anything.
A blessed Festival of the Nativity of our Lord to all!