I returned home safely last evening (or rather, early this morning) from Kenosha, WI after an exceptional day with fellow pastors. First order of business yesterday morning was praying Morning Prayer with the children from Christ Lutheran Academy. This was highly enjoyable. It was great to hear such young voices chanting so eagerly the music from Morning Prayer. Then, we had the Divine Service for the Purification of Mary and the Presentation of our Lord. Pr. Peperkorn celebrated, I served as Deacon, and Rev. David Juhl as sub-deacon and preacher. Thank you Pr. Juhl for assaulting us with the Law and soothing our consicences with the healing words of the Gospel! The children from the Academy sang for the service. Then, for the remainder of the day, I led a Lenten Preaching Seminar for fellow pastors. This was a good and humbling experience (and also exhausting!). After that, I got back on the road and headed home. Today I had Winkel in Macomb, IL and now I am completely exhausted. I need to sleep. In a major way. If you were at the preaching workshop, it was great to see you!
- "There is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness." --Kung Fu Panda
- Edgar Cohen on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations
- Daniel heisner on Sedes Doctrinae: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Fr. Patrick on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations
- Rev. Paul L. Beisel on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations
- Amy on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations