It seems that a day does not go by that I do not get some email about another “free conference” at someone’s church. I deem this the “Age of the Free Conference” for this very reason. I’m not sure what it means. My less dark side says, “This is good. It shows that we are hungry for teaching, for fellowship, for the Word, for doctrine. It is a sign of confessional revival, a sign of good things to come.” My cynical side (which often seems to loom a bit larger) says: Tra-la-la. Another conference. (Yawn) Another way to put off the work I am supposed to be doing, another way to spend money, another way to get away from my family responsibilities. I guess it’s the “in” thing to do though.
- "There is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness." --Kung Fu Panda
- Edgar Cohen on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations
- Daniel heisner on Sedes Doctrinae: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Fr. Patrick on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations
- Rev. Paul L. Beisel on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations
- Amy on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations