Our cat “Smokey” is a weird cat, and for that reason fits our family very well. I am convinced, however, that this dear cat of ours is either an angel in the form of a cat, or at least that she will be in heaven with us one day. Why do I think this? Every time we gather for family prayers whether in the morning or at night, Smokey always, always joins us. She could be in the other room at the other end of the house, and within about :30 seconds of beginning our prayers, the door creaks open and in walks Smokey with her little, “meow”. Of course, she always walks straight up to me (I guess she knows who the pastor is in the family. What a kiss-up) and rubs her nose against whatever book I am using, be it a hymnal or our devotion book. She must really love the Word of God. It is really uncanny, or, better put, un-catty. Our kids find this amusing, of course, and hold her paws together while we are praying. “Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord!” (By the way, the beautiful girl holding the cat is our eldest daughter, Susan Anne Beisel (11 going on 12 yrs. old).
- "There is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness." --Kung Fu Panda
- Edgar Cohen on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations
- Daniel heisner on Sedes Doctrinae: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Fr. Patrick on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations
- Rev. Paul L. Beisel on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations
- Amy on I’m a Terrible Husband, and other Overgeneralizations